Friday, June 6, 2008

THE K.H.O.

Josh and I are fairly caffeine driven. We don't really like it, but we're willing to be okay with it in this season of life...This morning the reality of our dependence really hit home; it went something like this:

Kristen (while holding Lael): Will you grind the coffee for my espresso? I can't really do that one handed ....

Josh(barely moving): uh-huh

Pajama-clad kids in other room becoming restless for parents who are awake: Don't hit me...you can't have that...where did you put my blankie?...screeek,scream,yelp...

Kristen: ugh...coffee, I need coffee

Josh: Guys,come on, I'm getting mom her coffee.

Kids, realizing the urgency of dad's chore and an opening for willfullness: AHHH! AHHHH! (lots of muffled pushing, pulling, rustling)AHHH!

Josh: Okay, everyone to their beds. Daddy's having a kid meeting RIGHT now!

Kristen: Yeah guys, go with dad... its like a club, he has some stuff he needs to share with you... like a club! I then began to down my espresso in giant gulps...

What followed was actually the sweetest part of the day... Josh loved on our kids, read them Scripture about serving others and how Christ said to deal with wrongs done against you and prayed with them. Then he told them the name of their new club...KIDS WHO OBEY...

Josh: Okay guys... the meeting of the K.H.O is now complete!

Kristen(amazingly refreshed): So, what's the K.H.O?

Josh: Our new club... Kids Who Obey

Kristen(super clever from caffeine):Wouldn't that be the K.W.O. ?

Josh: Blank stare, then... Oh, yeah...but its an "H" sound...

After a good laugh, we headed back to the kitchen to make Josh his own coffee

4 comments:

amy said...

I love this little peek into life at the Kill household! You guys are all so cute.
Their is cute "I need caffine" and then not-so-cute "I need caffine" (just ask my kids), good job being the cute kind!

Cutzi said...

Oh man.... we are totally caffeine driven. You know, un-homogenized milk in glass bottles, organic lettuce, agave nectar, whole wheat flour...caffeine dependency. It all goes together. ;-) It is my favorite thing to do in the morning though! I love to hear the sound of my coffee maker come on. Especially at 6 or 6:30 when Steele wakes up.

Cutzi said...

Oh! And by the way - not too many goodies from the book sale. Amy and I agreed it was a little garage sale-y. But we had a good time together. And you know our adventure included coffee for sure!

Anna Morrison said...

I absolutely love this post.