Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I've Got...



a happy girl.

Thank you so much to everyone who wrote with words of encouragement about little Lael and some of my concerns. I was so uplifted as a mama... and honestly, pretty excited, about this whole blogger community we've got here.

I realized that being baby number four holds incredible blessing and also some challenges for my girl. She has three older siblings who adore her...constantly. And, as sweet as all their affection is, combined with their breakdancing and yelps of joy (and let's be real, pain too) Lael is a litte overstimulated. So, I decided I needed to be wearing her a bit more than I was. I have always loved having my babies in a carrier when we are out, but doing this at home wasn't the norm for me. My back usually feels kaput after an hour or so of walking around.

To be successful and enjoy all the benefits of babywearing, I knew I needed something that would feel great and be easy for me to use, and that Lael would love riding in. When I tried on this sweet contraption... I found exactly what I was looking for.

As a hunk-a long fabric, this wrap seemed really complicated, but I was so pleasantly suprised at how easy it was when the gurus at the baby store showed me how to use it. Mostly, its so comfy and SO secure feeling. I think my back is actually in better shape wearing Lael around the house verses holding her, because her weight is evenly proportioned in the way I support her.

And my sweetie...she couldn't be happier, she has a mama snuggled close and gets a bit of a break from all the lovin' that was just a tad too much. Her sleep is better (in and out of the Moby), and we are greeted by smiles and even coos (!) when we play. So, the update: lip-quivering has departed our home... hurray!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Yay! I'm so happy to hear that you and Lael have worked out a little system! :)

Blessings to you, good mama!

~Stacy

Anonymous said...

So glad you've found a carrier that works for you! Peace in the home is a precious thing! Http://thebabywearer.com is a wealth of babywearing resources: photos and detailed descriptions of different carries (for all types of carriers), Q&A's, and a hefty DIY forum, too.
Many blessings,
~Nymia

amy said...

I love this picture of you and Lael! What a treasure!