Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Plan: Part 2

I was so impressed with myself after I posted a meal plan last week: I was actually able to stick to it and relieve oh so much stress at dinner time. Thank you for your sweet comments last week. The biggest hit of all was the spinach lasagna, even all the kids ate it up (which is saying alot if you've met Maia and understand her passion for all things peanut butter) Check out the recipe I used from Mandy here.Just until I get back in the habit, here is what's going in our tummies THIS week...

Saturday- Father's day BBQ at mom and dad's

Sunday-Portabella Burgers with fresh fruit and steamed asparagus with lemon butter
(the kids will have just fruit and asparagus with pasta)

Monday-Homemade Pizza with basic sauce and cheese (we'll let the kids make their own individual pizzas),served with fruit salad

Tuesday- Broccoli Calzone with mozzarella and pesto (use 1/2 of pizza dough from the previous nights double batch)

Wednesday- Hummus platter with carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers and pita, served with strawberry kababs

Thursday- Baked Salmon with bread,vegggies and fruit

Friday- Potstickers with sticky rice

Saturday- Josh is shooting a wedding so the kids and I will eat leftovers and cereal :)

5 comments:

Anna Morrison said...

Way to go, Kristen! Another week planned! You are such an encouragement. My weeks flow so much better when I plan my meals. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Jenny said...

Isn't it amazing how much time we can save just by planning ahead!? Planning weekly menus is also great for saving money because I only have to go to the grocery store once a week and I can plan my menu by seeing what is a great buy in the grocery ad's. Sometimes I am a little over the top with my planning though ~ getting stressed out when we don't eat what is planned due to an impromtu BBQ at a friends house or something crazy like that ;)

Anna Morrison said...

Hey! I just posted my meals for the week!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! :)

Anna Morrison said...

Hey! I just posted my meal plan for the week. Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

ilse said...

I found your blog via cutzi's - fun to read about your life - just another thing to distract me :)