Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Who are these guys anyway?

It has occured to me lately that my children are awesome. I have always loved being a mom, from the first time I smelled Halle's little newborn head, I was hooked... this is what I wanted to do... to live life with these little people, training and teaching and experiencing the wonder of family life.

Josh and I had the priveledge of a night alone last night as all three kids spent the night with some great friends (who needless to say are incredibly curageous to have added three more kids into the mix of their own brood of four!). We called to say goodnight to the kids and began to get a little misty thinking of all that they bring to our home and how much we missed them. Nothing like a little time away from the ones you love to help give you some perspective and see clearly who they really are.

So, I decided to highlight a little of who these little people are today, in March of 2008. I know they will grow and change,but I want to really reflect on what is happening in their hearts and minds right now and relish in their personalities and all their little quirks. Spring is a time to celebrate new life and gosh darnit, I'm going to begin right at home!