Sunday, March 30, 2008

TO DO:

I want to be creative. Here is a non-exhaustive list of craft projects I am trying to find time to do...

1. Finish knitting a blanket for Lael (nearly done)

2. Create a Bunny Bed for our Fuzzy House Rabbit. I saw the idea on houseonhillroad.com used as a kitten bed and loved it! I'm painting a basket black and sewing up a pillow to sit inside of it for our bunny to lounge on... I'm excited that it will be stylish and match our bedroom, because our bunny is currently napping on our laundry basket.

3. Sew Twirly Skirts for Halle and Maia. This will be my first pattern sewing project, I have the most beautiful fabric, just a little nervous to begin. Since it snowed yesterday, I think thatgives me a wee bit more time to complete these Spring beauties.

4. Living room Painting...currently there is a large 16x20 canvas hanging on my living room wall. It is painted a cool green color and awaiting the painting that I feel God is putting on my heart for our family to enjoy. I have some ideas of what this will be, just needing time to work on it! I think because I want to spend some sweet uninteruppted time with Jesus as I paint, just soaking him up and worshiping him as he places the images, strokes and colors on my heart.

5.Picture Frames are sitting in my closet, beautiful picture frames that I am dying to put up on my walls... but which walls? And what will they be filled with? Kid pictures? Art work? The restored photos of grandparents that I am longing to display?

6.Stationary. About 2 years ago, I made a Huge batch with my favorite papers... the design comes from my buddy Allison, who is an artist and happens to be brilliant. Even though I had heaps, its time to create a new, fresh stash...

4 comments:

Cutzi said...

ooo! This is a good list. Of course, I want to see pictures when it's all done. And I vote for restored pictures of the grandparents. Is this a real bunny?

Jodi said...

Okay, now that you've shared your list you *must* show us all these projects as they come to completion! They all sound so great, I want to see every single one!

Kristen said...

Yes! Pictures! Right.... blogs need pictures don't they? Yes, Cutzi, its a real bunny, we bought him at the fair last fall and he is the best pet EVER! I am allergic to cats, so we had to find other options for an indoor animial and who knew that bunnies could be housetrained? Awesome huh?

amy said...

Hi Kristen!
I love hearing about these projects you have in the works and on your heart. Man, you are creative!
My creative "to-do's?" = zilch!

I wanted to thank you for commenting on Mike's blog. He has not written back I noticed, but it was neat to see that you read some of what he had to say on the subject. It is fun to think of you guys in such a similar place as us!

Love your blog!