Sunday, March 16, 2008

She's Really Here




Lael Harue joined our family on Tuesday night, contributing to my lack of internet presence and future blogger slacking.... What a joy this little girl is to us! We can not even begin to describe the wonder of giving birth, welcoming her into our home and the sweet way we are spending our days cuddling and napping and cuddling some more. She is such a gift.

For the mamas out there who love labor stories... it was quick! I was technically induced, the doctor broke my water at about 8 pm after an hour of pitocin and Lael was born at 9:52 pm. I pushed for 4 minutes, which is embarassing to mention because I know that most people push for hours! God has really blessed us with short and easy deliveries, which is probably one of the reasons we keep having babies.

The kids are loving watching over their new little sister, our bed is full of everyone each morning, all of us kissing and snuggled and holding her tiny fingers and toes. There hasn't been any jealousy or squabbling, only helpers who seem to genuinely love and care for this new family member. Even Jones has adjusted so beautifully! He is already protecting her, concerned when she cries, bringing her toys and continuously looking at my belly and saying..."she out mama!"

As I write this, I am finding I am just smiling. Life is so full and so full of joy. Our house is messy (heck, we're all messy!), and I know in the days to come we will have to find a new balance and a new way of living and working together with this big change, but we are so happy and we are doing it together. I am so thankful for that.

No comments: