Sunday, July 20, 2008

Simple

I am trying something new. I found a beautiful blog filled with simple ideas for enjoying everyday small moments. I am going to use the framework given there in this post to enjoy some of the small things surrounding me today. If you take part as well, please let me know, I'd love to visit and read what inspires you...



Outside my window...a robin's egg blue and cobalt sky fading into the moonlight, the sprinkler's pitter pat, patter on the driveway as it helps new grass grow.

I'm thinking... about how to genuinely show love and listen to my family, how to participate fully in their ideas, their joys and their hurts and how to make laughter the norm in the walls of our home.

I am thankful for...FREEDOM. The freedom to be a personality full of vibrant life through Christ Jesus. And so incredibly thankful for a husband who nourishes freedom in our home, manifested in our hearts and through silly moments throughout the day.

From the Kitchen...mixed berry smoothies with scrambled eggs and peanut butter toast for breakfast in the morning.

I am wearing...a deep tourqoise cotton summer skirt and white tank top, bare feet and feathered hair.

I am creating...a painting from a verse the Spirit breathed into our home:
"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words decend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants." ~ Deuteronomy 32:2

I am going...to wiggle my toes in the grass and swim in the river with my children tomorrow afternoon (I can't wait!)

I am reading... Instructions for Visitors, a memoir on an American woman's life and love in a small French village. I can't get enough of France right now...remember this?

I am hoping...that our pet bunny(a house rabbit who lives only inside much like a cat, with a litter box and all), will overcome illness and stay with us a while longer, we can't bear to lose him, but this is looking inevitable.

I am hearing...the whirring of our central air working overtime (it was 106 degrees out today!

Around the house...I am picking up, a final sweep of sorts, before the cleaning woman comes to make my home sparkle before we put it up for sale this week.

One of my favorite Things...how about 4? I am obsessed with the fingers and toes of each of my four children. Something about the scent of sunscreen and pruny fingers fresh from the kiddie pool makes for extra hand and foot kisses.

A few plans for the rest of the week...giving TLC to the bun, swimming, sunning, and sneaking in the work of creating my week-by-week goals for the upcoming school year in the following subjects: language arts, reading, math, history, grammar, spanish, art, music, natural science, copywork and literature...more to come on this progress I promise!

A picture I am sharing...
This is me last October when Josh sent me to Mexico to spend time with Jesus, to relax and also to wrestle with some hurts that were swirling in my heart and head. It represents a sweet time with my Saviour that I have needed to remember in recent days. He is so good, so sweet and so ever faithful!

5 comments:

Anna Morrison said...

Hey! I tried to get into the "beautiful blog" and couldn't really tell what that was all about, BUT I do love this post. It is life giving and tells me so much about you.
I just might do this. It seems like it would be refreshing.
I enjoy you so much!!
Peace ~

Anna Morrison said...

Scratch it. I found the site by googling the simple woman's daybook. It is super cute. Thanks for passing this along.

HouseLewisFamily said...

Kristi I loved reading this post! It was an important reminder to me to learn to look at the small things in life as simple pleasures and to recognize the beauty in them. Thank you for sharing this. I'm so glad that I'm able to connect more with you through your blog. I'm really enjoying it :)

Kristen said...

hey all, I fixed the link in the text, but wasn't able to link the picture...DO check it out, its fantastic.

amy said...

I love feeling like I can get to know more about your family life through a post like this!
You and your family are so neat! If only we lived closer, we have so much in common.
Happy Saturday!