Tuesday, July 15, 2008

What I did this weekend....

So, I've been ignoring the blog.

This weekend I was so extremely blessed to head to Bellingham for a special wedding. The father of the bride married Josh and I and his daughters (the bride!!)were Halle's first ever babysitters. Lael is named after the fourth child in their family and it was so special for them to meet in person. I was crying as this father gave away his first little girl and the beauty of family, a family I know and love so dearly, was so visible in all the pieces of that moment.

It was also incredible because I got to hang out with an old pal, Cutzi, from Moon With a View and our friend Amy. We played at the park, I decided their children are incredible and I am negotiating the marriage of one of my daugthers to one of Amy's sons.(Thanks for the little reunion girls!)

Josh and I dated and got married while we lived in Bellingham,we started our family there... In high school I first began to fall in love with Jesus at a Camp Firwood and all my memories of adolescence revolve around that place... In so many ways it is home. It is not where I was raised but it was very much my starting place.

Then, I was off to attend a party at my Aunt's house near Seattle. Each year she and my cousins host a party for all the women in our family. It is a purposeful way they have created for all of us to connect and share life together as girls.

This year it was a Garden Tea and let me just tell you... it was inspiring. These girls host like no others. In case you don't believe me (or just because I say please) I would love it if you would head over to my cousin, Kyla's Blog, to check out the details and photos.
Those pictures look like they are out of a magazine... and they could be. SHE IS THAT AWESOME. She is also just starting her blog and so I want to send some fun readers her way.

So, what did YOU do this weekend?

2 comments:

Cutzi said...

Thank YOU for such an enjoyable time. Truly. It was great to catch up! And ditto about all the kiddos - it was so sweet to be able to see all of them together.

amy said...

It was so nice to get to see you and your sweet ones Kristie! I really loved it. Just wish it was longer. I want to talk more about curriculum, doing it with four, the details of how you got here, etc. etc.
Another time soon I hope.
And your family is so, so cute!
Happy to reconnect!