Thursday, May 15, 2008

Random Happenings

I'm awake at midnight and really should be sleeping,but decided to post to my blog instead!!!

- I'm reading a book of essays on Paris and am completely facinated. I'm convinced its the greatest way to travel in the days of nurturing young kiddos. Did you know excersise as we know it in the US is pretty non-existent there? Can anyone with some real knowledge of France confirm this? I am considering a diet of chocolate and wine to help my potato shaped body get whipped into shape!

-I am consumed with planning for next school year... what our days will look like, what books we will use, what classes we will participate in at the homeschool co-op...please pray that I would be tender to the leading of the Lord throughout this process. Josh and I have made all major decisions already (this is going to be a topic of a later post) but the details are falling together now.

-Josh's business is blowing my mind. I am so amazed to be married to a man who was courageous enough to begin his own company and create a life for us that is full of passion as he works doing what he loves. Not only that, the boy is driven! He is a huge inpiration to me as he lives a life that is alive and full, from a place of contentment even among sixteen hour days. And he still rocks it out as a hubby and dad. He is really my hero. He just hired 2 new employees, so the 16 hour stuff should slow down a bit pretty soon... whoo-hoo!

- Halle and Maia are turning the living room into a gymnastics studio as they practice their routines for their gym's "June Jubilee" show next month. Its pretty adorable...

-Jones has a double ear infection and couldn't be more polite about it...asking for ibuprofen with heaps of sweetness and thanking us for water, ear drops,etc. He's been so cuddly, I will secretly miss this time when he is back to full speed.

- Lael is doing great. She is seriously the cutest baby in the world. I am not exaggerating one bit here. I've not posted anything about her medical issues, but she has been having seizures and we are heading to Children's for some further testing. We feel very blessed by the awesome medical attention she has received and are thrilled with our pediatric neurologist at Children's. He was the Dr. that finally gave me some answers about on-going medical issues about 10 years ago... so it couldn't be a better fit. I will post more as news comes down the wire, but please pray that all goes well in the next week. My momma heart is a little nervous for the anesthesia she has to undergo for her MRI...

-I am currently taking applications from teenage boys (or girls if they have the gumption) to till my backyard this weekend so I can plant hydro-seed... any takers? Pizza will be served.

- Cloth diaper update: Wow, is all I can say. I love them.

2 comments:

Cutzi said...

I love all these bits and pieces - and can't wait, especially, to hear about all your home school plans.

AND, you must be doing something very right because Steele has been sick as well and let me tell you.... "sweet" is not quite the word I would use to describe him.

HA! You know the first thing Justin said to me about the mole? "My Uncle Norman used to just get out his bb gun and shoot them..."

And those shoes? Tevas! Can you believe it? I didn't know they made cute little shoes like that. I was impressed. I haven't seen them in any stores around here (I got mine while we were on vacation in Oregon) but I'm sure you could order them on-line.

Enjoy your day Kristi! And you know you cannot say things like "..she is the cutest baby in the world" without posting some pictures for all of us. I'll be waiting.... ;-)

Jodi said...

I look forward to hearing about your school plans too!

I've prayed for little Lael and will continue to pray.