Friday, October 10, 2008

Oh, Anne (with an "e")!

For those of you who know my oldest well, you know that she is a planner. She has a to-do list notebook by her bed that she writes on each evening and checks off throughout the next day, she organizes drawers and closests with great joy and she loves to plan a party! About two months ago she told Josh and I that she wanted to have a bookclub for her girlfriends and her fist choice for a good read: "Anne of Green Gables."

We jumped on board right away, and were thrilled to encourage her creativity, drive to put something together and her hospitality. We created study guides for our friends, made fun ivitations and set a date for a fancy tea luncheon. Halle came up with the menu, cooked, set the table and welcomed her guests with a giant smile. It was such a lovely time to kick off their reading of this girly classic!

This month we will be hosting a movie party to see our girl Anne in action. Halle can hardly wait and I am already stocking up on popcorn.


Halle poses for mom and dad before her guests arrive...


Here I am reading part of chapter one to a raptured audience...not a peep out of these girls!

8 comments:

dawn klinge said...

What an fun idea! My daughter loves Anne of Green Gables.

Anna Morrison said...

I recently read this classic to Maddie and she enjoyed it so much. I wish she could come. This is such a great idea that your daughter came up with.

Your book looks like it has great illustrations. Tell me more about it.

Your photos are stunning as always. You are such a life giving person. :)

Jodi said...

SO cute! Anne of Green Gables is my absolute favorite.

GREAT job, Halle! What an elegant party, and the food you chose looks so yummy! I can tell you're quite a good hostess. :) Enjoy your book!

Valerie said...

Seriously, how cute is that?! Okay, so I'm a 31-year-old mom (of a boy, which means there might not be any of those types of fun parties in my future, haha), but I would even love something like that at my age! I can't wait to hear what her little book club does next. :)

amy said...

So cool Kristen!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Halle. What a super idea. You are a blessing to others & I admire your courage to do something new. Love & miss you, Mrs. Mandy
(ps...the table is arranged beautifully! & be sure to give your momma a big hug for supporting your idea!)

Patti said...

fantastic. i need lessons in planning and organization from your daughter.

Anonymous said...

What a fun party! Such a cute idea! Halle you look beautiful in the picture. :)